Mandore is an old town, and was the seat of the Mandorva extension of the Parihar Gurjarpratihar administration which led the area in the sixth century AD by King Nahar Rao Parihar. In 1395 AD, a Mohil princess of the Parihar leaders of Mandore wedded Chundaji, scion of the Rathore family of Rajputs. This was amid the time of fast ascendency of the Rathore group, and Chundaji got Mandore in settlement. The town remained the seat of the Rathore group until 1459 AD, when Rao Jodha, a Rathore boss who united the encompassing area under his standard, moved his money to the recently established city of Jodhpur.Mandore is spotted around 5 miles north of Jodhpur. It was the previous capital of Maharajas of Marwar.
Later it was relinquished for security concerns with respect to the Mehrangarh stronghold. Its far reaching Mandore arrangement, with high shake porch, makes it a prominent nearby fascination. The enclosure is open for voyagers from 8 am to 8 pm.
In the Mandore arrangement, there are the dewals or cenotaphs of Jodhpur’s previous rulers. Rather than the typical chhatri-formed cenotaphs regular of Rajasthan, the cenotaphs of the popular Mandore arrangement of Jodhpur, Rajasthan are manufactured along the lines of a Hindu sanctuary. They are four stories high, with fine sections and an exquisite tower, all in red sandstone. The most amazing dewal is the dewal of Maharaja Ajit Singh. These cenotaphs are situated in lovely arranged arrangements. The cenotaphs of the Maharani are situated on a rough outcrop over the slope.