Lansdowne, is a cantonment town in Pauri Garhwal area in the Indian territory of Uttarakhand. Lansdowne or Lansdown is an excellent town and a well known slope station arranged on the Kothdwar – Pauri street at a tallness of 1,706 mt in Uttarakhand, India. Lansdowne is situated in the Pauri locale of Uttarakhand, 45 kms from Kotdwar. Lansdowne was produced by the British for cooking for the Recruits Training focal point of the Garhwal Rifles. Lansdowne was a noteworthy place of the exercises of opportunity contenders from British Garhwal amid British period. These days, the celebrated Garhwal Rifles of the Indian Army has its order office here. Lansdowne is one of the calmest slope stations of India and is famous since Britishers came to India. Lansdowne is dissimilar to other slope stations as it is very much associated with motorable streets yet remote in its own particular manner. It is arranged at a height of 1,706 mts above ocean level encompassed with thick oak and blue pine woodlands in the Pauri Garhwal locale of Uttarakhand state.
Tip-In-Top otherwise called Tiffin Top is arranged in the edge close St. Mary’s Church. This is a prominent spot among sightseers going by Lansdowne. From this spot, travelers can get perspective of the wonderful snow secured Himalayas and a few sections of Tibet.
Regimental Museum is a motivational lobby named after the well known Darban Singh Negi. This exhibition hall was initiated in the year 1983. The Regimental Museum houses various classical pieces, having a place with the Garhwal Rifles.
Bhulla Tal is a counterfeit lake devoted to the youthful Garhwali youth of Garhwal Rifles, who rendered help for development of this lake. This vacation destination gets its name from the Garhwali word, Bhulla which implies more youthful sibling. Here the sightseers can likewise appreciate sculling and paddling. A youngsters stop, bamboo machan and wellsprings have been raised here for diversion of sightseers.
St. John’s Church:
St. John’s Church, situated at the Mall Road, is a Roman Catholic Church set up in 1936 under the supervision of Agra Diocese. The development of this congregation was finished in the year 1937. In 1947, after the British left India, Agra Diocese could never again manage this congregation because of the scarcity of clerics. From that point forward, this awesome church has been disregarded and neglected, and was in the end given over to the Government of India in 1951.
Garhwali Mess is one of the most seasoned structures in the slope station, which was worked by the British in January 1988. The wreckage mirrors the rich legacy of the Army and furthermore of the goal when all is said in done. It is one of the old and finely protected legacy structures of Lansdowne.
Hawaghar is a tranquil place in Lansdowne from where visitors can appreciate perspective of the snow-topped Himalayan Range. This place is likewise awesome for trekking, which prompts the Khyber Pass along the street to Jaiharikhal. Voyagers, generally nature darlings, visit the appreciation for appreciate the excellence of the tranquil encompassing.
Rifles Regimental War Memorial:
The Garhwal Rifles Regimental War Memorial at Lansdowne was built up on eleventh November 1923. Ruler Rawlinson of Trent, the then Commander in Chief of India, established this historical center. A noteworthy vacation spot of the goal, this war commemoration is situated at the Parade Ground. It is one of only a handful couple of vacation spots that is gone to by practically every voyager coming to Lansdowne. Visitors who are keen on thinking about the Indian armed force likewise throng this place.
Bhim Pakora is situated in Dhura, around 2 km far from the Gandhi Chowk. It is trusted that amid the time of outcast, the Pandavas ceased here and cooked sustenance at this area. It is likewise trusted that Bhim set one shake over the other and is so all around adjusted that it never topples. This stone can be moved by vacationers with only one finger, however it never tumbles down.
Darling’s Lane is thought to be outstanding amongst other treks in the goals, which pulls in a few sightseers. On one side of the trek is a cloudy valley, which renders perspective of the brilliant Himalayan pinnacles; while the opposite side of the trek is monitored with oak and blue pine trees.
St. Mary’s Church:
St. Mary’s Church was built by Col. A.H.B Hume of the Royal Engineers in the year 1895. This congregation is situated close to the Tip-In-Top Point. In 1947, the congregation was not utilized any more extended as it weakened. The Garhwal Rifles Regimental Center changed over it into a little historical center, lodging intriguing photos of the pre-freedom time. This exhibition hall likewise houses the varying media presentations of the historical backdrop of the regiment.
For more details and query Contact Us