Hooghly region is one of the areas of the condition of West Bengal in India. It can on the other hand be spelt Hoogli or Hugli. The area is named after the Hooghly River. The locale of Hooghly got its name from the town of Hooghly on the west bank of the Hooghly River around 40 km north of Kolkata. This town was a stream port in the fifteenth century. The region has a large number of years of rich legacy as the considerable Bengali kingdom of Bhurshut. The principal European to achieve this zone was the Portuguese mariner Vasco-Da-Gama. In 1536 Portuguese merchants got an allow from Sultan Mahmud Shah to exchange this region. In those days the Hooghly River was the principle course for transportation and Hooghly filled in as a great exchanging port.
Bandel Church was implicit 1599 by Captain Pedro Tavares. This congregation was built up by Christians, who as of now dwarfed the Hindus by 1598. By the mid sixteenth century the Portuguese utilized Bandel as a port.
Chandannagar Museum and Indo-French Institute:
Chandannagar Museum and Indo-French Institute is an Indo-French social focus and exhibition hall. It was built up in the nineteenth century by the then French Prime Minister Pompidre and Indian Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri. The middle components different displays, committed to the French East India Company, French furniture, French intermittent organization and additionally Indian craftsmanship and artworks.
Hangseswari Temple is situated in Bansberia in Hooghly region. This 21 m high nineteenth century sanctuary has 13 towers. The highest point of each tower is molded as a lotus blossom. The principle god is comprised of blue-neem wood. The five story symbol of Ira, Pingala, Bajraksha, Sushumna and Chitrini takes after the structure of a human body.
Kamarpukur town is situated in the Arambagh subdivision of the Hooghly District. It is the place Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa was conceived in the year 1836. The town is around 48 km far from Taraknath Temple, which is associated by street. 5 km toward the West is the Jairambati, where Sri Sarada Devi was conceived.
Pandua Bari Mosque:
Pandua Bari Mosque is a long, low building set up in 1300 AD. This masjid is an example of the average block style of Bengal. The building has measurement of 7041 m by 12.8 m. It has three passageways, with 21 entryway openings in front and three as an afterthought. The rooftop has 63 little vaults over block curves laying on stone columns that are impacted by Hindu design. Besides, the mosque additionally has a canopied stage.
Imambara, worked by Hazi Mohammad Mohsin, is arranged on the bank of stream Ganga in Chinsurah. The development of the building begun in the year 1841 and was finished in 1861. The two story building comprises of a few rooms and has a wide passage, with the principle door flanked by two 80 ft tall towers and a monstrous clock tower between them.
The Hooghly River or the Bhāgirathi-Hooghly, called “Ganga” generally, is an around 260-kilometer-long (160 mi) distributary of the Ganges River in West Bengal, India. It parts from the Ganges as a trench in Murshidabad District at the Farakka Barrage. The town of Hugli-Chinsura, some time ago Hooghly, is situated on the stream, in the Hooghly (area). The sources of the Hooghly name are indeterminate, regardless of whether the city or the stream was named first.
For more details and query Contact Us